How we can assist εμείς:
- We undertake the supply and installation of modern and aesthetically pleasing green points.
- Total management and operation of the green points
- Removal of recyclable materials and utilization of these for the benefit of the municipality.
- Maintenance and safekeeping of the space
What Green Points are: These are spaces organised for the purpose of recycling or even environmental education, which will be found within neighbourhoods but also outside the urban fabric, offering motivation to the citizens to recycle “correctly” and “throughout the supply chain”. The model of the “Green Points” has been applied for a number of years in many European countries and now, based on the new national legislation on waste, will begin to be adopted by the municipalities in Greece.
Green Point Categories: According to the “guide” which was recently complied by the Hellenic Recycling Organisation (ΕΟΑΝ), the “Green points” are divided into four categories, depending on their extent:
- Neighbourhood Green Points: the smallest ones, 50-100sqm
- Small Green Points: 250-750sqm
- Basic Green Points: greater than 3.5 acres. In these spaces citizens will be able to leave, apart from recyclables, bulky objects, such as electrical appliances, old furniture and mattresses. The recyclables will be stored there until they are made available to recycling companies.
- Centres for Recycling, Education and Sorting at source: 350-1000sqm. Apart from the recycling facilities, they will have to have available an education room and activities that promote recycling.
Mobile Green Points:
- the Mobile Green Point is an especially configured vehicle which visits parts of the city and collects materials for recycling or re-use
- we can supply the municipality with a Mobile Green Point or we can run it on it’s behalf.
- it constitutes an ideal solution for cases where there is insufficient space for a static Green Point or where the municipality does not want to accommodate one.